Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
This is my favorite strawberry pie because you can count on it to set up perfectly every time and the crust is never soggy. It also tastes great!
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 pints fresh strawberries, washed and hulled, divided
3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin mix
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
Baked single-crust pastry shell
whipped cream, for garnish
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; set aside.
- Crush (don't puree) one pint of berries in blender or with potato masher, and add enough water to make 1 1/2 cups.
- In saucepan, bring crushed berries to a boil over medium heat, stir in sugar and cornstarch all at once. Stir constantly until thick and clear.
- Remove from heat and add strawberry gelatin. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and 3 tablespoon of hot cooked berries; spread mixture over baked pastry shell.
- Stand the uncooked whole berries, stem end down, on top of cream cheese.
- Pour hot cooked berries over whole berries.
- Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Garnish with whippped cream and serve.